This post is not really up to date anymore since it does not reflect the fact that I am using 6.7 images now.
While moving my ESX install from internal USB to SD card I realized I’d use the all-in-one instructions for further use. Here’s the short summary.
- Install official 6.5 image from HPE
- Enable swap on any datastore (required for image update)
- Restart management services (services.sh restart)
- Follow esxi-patches.v-front.de instructions to update to latest image
- Downgrade faulty scsi drivers to 5.5.0 (manual here)
Check driver used, if it’s vmw_ahci you need to disable it otherwise datastores will not be accessible. Following command will do: esxcli system module set –enabled=false –module=vmw_ahci